Fat Burning Food For Powerful, Natural Fat Loss
Some like it hot, others spicy. No matter how you look at shedding the pounds, nothing is more powerful than a strong natural diet, and some good old fashion exercise. Now with the supplement industry booming, there has been the introduction of thermogenic aids that some proclaim as hype, and others point to as life threatening. Most of the thermogenic supplements on the market are used to shed fat fast, especially in the realm of competitive bodybuilding. Here is a list of some of the most prominent thermogenic aids on the market (and some you may not have heard of), and studies that show their effects:
- Hydroxy Citric Acid (HCA): HCA is obtained from the rinds of the Garcinia fruit of South Asia. HCA does not affect the central nervous system like ephedera or caffeine. HCA prevents the conversion of carbohydrate into fat.
- Inosine: Inosine is in the family of nucleotide molecules known as purines. Together with pyramidines, purines make up the nitrogenous bases, which are the building blocks of DNA. Research has shown Inosine as stimulating enzyme activities in the liver. Other studies show that Inosine maintains ATP in bone marrow and enhances cardiovascular functioning. Inosine also assists in carbohydrate metabolism.
- Choline: Choline is a member of the B-complex group of vitamins. Some of its functions include building cell membranes; mobilizing fat, decreasing cholesterol, and helping the liver metabolize fats.
- Carnitine: Carnitine was first discovered around 100 years ago by Russian scientists. Carnitine is a water soluble substance, synthesized by the liver which requires the presence of other vitamins such as vitamins C, B6, B3, and iron to work most efficiently. Carnitine primarily stimulates the transport of long-chain fatty acids across the inner membranes of mitochondria. (Source: Embleton, P. Anabolic Primer, 1998)
There are a whole list of other supplements utilized by athletes and people wishing to shed pounds. The above list is all well and good, but what about when you have a hole in your pocket and can't afford to fork out the thousands of dollars per year it takes to shed the pounds with supplements? Are there natural alternatives? Of course. Mother Nature has provided us with some super thermogenic foods to help you shed the pounds naturally, without forking out potentially thousands of dollars on overly priced (and sometimes overly hyped supplements). Here is a list:
- Garlic: It's not about the breath it's about burning the fat, and nothing is as potent as garlic. Garlic is a powerful antioxidant against lipid per oxidation. Add some to your food for a strong fat loss gain!
- Onions: Be it red or white, onions are a fantastic way of boosting your HDL (High Density Lipo Protein, basically good cholesterol) levels and also helps lower total cholesterol.
- Ginger: I love the Asian cuisine! Asian foods utilize a lot of ginger. Adding ginger to your foods is a fantastic way of helping you to reduce both blood and liver cholesterol.
- Chilli: Aye Curumba! Chillis are an awesome way of lowering blood cholesterols and triglycerides. Give Chilli a try to spice up your fat burning efforts. (Source: Richmond, W. FIA: Nutrition & Weight Management, 2001)
So spice it up for greater fat metabolism, and save money from overly priced supplements!
Copyright © 2005, WWW.KEEPERSKOOL.SQUARESPACE.COM. All rights reserved.
John Stevanja is an Aussie born, internationally certified fitness instructor, who has played competitive soccer at the highest levels in the position of goalkeeper. Being well travelled, John has worked in the leading corporate and private gym environments in the UK.
John offers a unique twist on goalkeeper specific nutrition and performance. His site, http://www.keeper-skool.com is updated daily and gives advice for not only the competitive soccer goalkeeper, but for athletes and fitness enthusiasts from all walks of life.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/