Remedy for Hair Loss & Thinning of Hair
Hormones govern the growth of hair. In men, the male hormone, testosterone, governs beard, body hair and hair in the armpits. In women, estrogen, the female hormone generally prevents hair growth on the chin and encourages it to grow on the head. Occasionally women develop signs of hair loss or baldness when estrogen levels drop.
Eat a protein rich diet including green leafy vegetables, carrots, soybean, mango, dried apricots, whole grain cereals, sprouts, lentils, yeast, wheat germ, milk, yogurt and buttermilk in the daily diet.
Some of the home remedies for hair loss are given below.
- Massage coconut milk or Aloe Vera gel into the scalp and hair. Leave it for ½ hour, then rinse with warm water. Repeat 3 times a week.
- Massage honey with egg yolk into the scalp and hair. Leave for a 1/2 hour, then rinse.
- Scrub the bald portion with onions till it becomes red. Then applying honey.
- Massage almond oil on scalp 2-3 times a day, daily. This will stop further hair loss.
- Rinse hair with a mix of apple cider vinegar and sage tea to help hair grow
- Mix equal amount of warm castor and almond oil and massage over scalp at least once a week.
- Make a hair pack by mixing Indian gooseberry powder with one egg. Apply it to your hair and leave for half an hour. Wash hair.
- Grind lime seeds and black pepper in equal number in some water and apply on the scalp regularly.
More remedies for hair loss and thinning of hair are given at Hair Loss.
Copyright, 2005, www.FatFreeKitchen.com
[Please note that this article is not a subsitute for medical advise. You have permission to publish this article in your web sites, ezines or electronic publication, as long as the piece is used in its entirety including the resource box, all hyperlinks (clickable) and references and copyright info.]
This article has been written by http://www.fatfreekitchen.com
Visit the web site Hair loss, Hair growth & regrowth and Thinning of Hair Remedy, for more hair loss remedies and natural beauty treatment.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/